Effective 04-22-2010 New EPA Regulations may face renovation contractors with $37,000 a day fines.
The New EPA Regulations apply to the following:
- Any contractor renovating any of the following buildings built before 1978
- Work now must be performed by a certified contractor
- Failure to comply results in $37,000 fine per day
The new EPA requirements mandate the following.
- Notification to property owners and occupants of potential lead based hazards
- Renovate Right brochure
- Post Information signs describing:
- Nature of jobs
- Dates of Work
- Certification of renovation companies
- Training & certification of works
- Implementation plan of controlling lead based paint dust
- Renovation clean up requirements
- All dust & debris must be collected
- Walls cleaned by vacuums & wiping
- Renovation cleaning verification
- Must re-clean work area to clearance standards
- Ensures for re-occupancy
- Prepare required records
EPA Certification & Training for Contractors
To become a certified renovator, you must complete an EPA or state approved training course.
Information on obtaining training as a certified renovator is available from the national lead information center at 800-424-5323 or EPA Lead Paint Assistance Regulations
For Contractors We Now Offer:
- Stand Alone Pollution
- Contractors Pollution Liability Coverage Available
- Minimum Premiums at approx $1,000 (depending on location)
- Base Limit of $250k/$250k
- Higher Limits Available
- $1,000 Deductible Options
As many people have already found out, Castle Rock Insurance Agency is the best stop for a quote on Contractors Insurance. We are the low cost solution for your Contractors Insurance Policy. Castle Rock Agency currently offers Contractors Insurance Policy Coverage in NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, FL, and CA.
Follow Us On Social